Saturday, November 26, 2011

Random Facts About Me

1. I find my bed to be my "comfort zone." Whenever I am having a super bad day, I will eat, talk, and do everything else while in bed. It has been like this since I was a very little girl and when I was diagnosed with endometriosis, I spent alot of days doing as much as I could from bed. No matter where I go, I miss my bed!
2. People tell me I look snotty or stuck up when they first meet me. I promise that it isnt on purpose, I guess it's just the way my face looks - ha! Once people get to know me, they breakdown and tell me that they thought I was a snob at first! I have tried to smile more and make people feel as comfortable as possible, but I still hear it everytime I meet someone new. I think it is more on my end because I am a people pleaser. I want my impression to be the right one so I am timid and shy to talk first and people take that as me not wanting to talk to them at all, which isn't true!

3. I love to accessorize. My favorite things to wear are necklaces, earrings, purses, and shoes. I will take an ordinary outfit and completely change the look by my different accessories. This is a good way to save money and still be fashion savvy as well.

4. I have a knack for cleaning and organizing. Anytime that I am in a bad mood, I will slip off and clean or re-organize a room. My friends have hired me to clean their houses before just out of fun or de-stress. I feel stressed out when I walk into a room that isn't clean, but I also really respect working moms and how they do their job AND keep up with the house. I have had this OCD type issue since I was younger. I lived with my father so our house was rarely cleaned by a woman so it was a bit on the messy side, but not my room. I would make sure my bed was made and everything had a place. I have started my children on that same path by requiring their room is clean and bed is made before they play.

5. I dreamed of being a bride since I was 5 years old! I had it all planned out down to the tee, but I never thought it would really happen to me. I came from a broken home and my parents went on to be married multiple times so I was already uneasy that love is forever. Then, after dating a few choice boys in high school that also did not hold the same values of love as me, I lost all hope to love and be loved forever. Thank God for DJ and for this amazing marriage I have been blessed with for the last 8 years. It hasn't always been great and we have had our fair share of ups and downs, but he did make my fairy tale come true and I am very thankful that I was blessed with a husband to share my life with.



So, tell me something random about you! I will be posting more randoms in a bit... I'm trying to get everything caught up and move on to the new and improved website, Ashley's Avenue - stay tuned :)









No comments:

Post a Comment