Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Greatest Woman I've Ever Known I Was Blessed To Call My Granny.

On March 30, 2011, my grandmother got to go home after her long, hard battle with Multiple Myeloma.  I have posted before about how close I have always been to my granny, but I never really said how I really felt - this woman was my mother

She was the person that took me to ballet, that drove me to school, and that taught me how to be a lady.  She helped me get through puberty, through the heartbreak of my first breakup, and the ups and downs of life as a teenager. 


I feel blessed that I got to spend 28 years of my life with her.  I actually spent her last birthday and mine by her side.  We got one last Christmas that we thought we would never get.  She was in high spirits until the very end.  I want to focus on all the good times and not the last few years of her life.  We miss her so very much.  Now I understand why people say that they cannot wait to get to Heaven.  This life just will never be the same without my granny here with me.  I have never experienced a deeper loss than this....

Granny had a huge heart and she was a woman of CHRIST.  She was concerned with her family and friends and their salvation.  She liked to share her faith with everyone that she could and she is the reason that I started going to church and got saved as well.  She made me want to seek Christ in my life and I am so glad that she did! 

Granny, no blog post or photo or anything else will ever say all the things I could say about what a wonderful person you were and how lucky I was to be your granddaughter.  You were the only mother I ever really had and that is just fine with me because you were the best.  You were the glue that held this family together and not a day goes by that we don't think about you or share stories of all the good times we had while you were here.  I can't wait to be reunited again someday.  Please tell my babies hello and that mommy misses and loves them very much and tell my Nana that we all miss her as well. 

Rest In Peace Sweet Granny.  We feel your love around us every single day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment