Monday, October 21, 2013

Our Homeschool Room Is Finally Ready!

We moved in just a few short weeks ago, but it was the first room that we needed to complete (minus paint and a few remodel touches!)

This is the before: It's a kitchen nook/ breakfast area



And Here is the After! We still plan to do some added touches, maybe even 
chalkboard walls or some funky color and a new fan with more colorful blades.


I love that my husband hung the flag first thing! And yes, we have Ten Commandments
on the wall which I think is also important.


Because we do our work in here but also in alot of other areas, I decided not to
do traditional desks and instead go with lapdesks and this coffee table doubled as a seating area.
The blue things underneath were purchased at Walmart along with the coffee table.


Most of my posters are from the Dollar Tree or a local store called School Daze.


The desk was a gift from my mother in law and the chair I had before so not much cost here either. 
We chose to hang art from a laundry line.
I added a water fountain and small light to bring comfort and quiet to the room as needed.


Above is my teaching area.  I will need a bigger or second board before too long.
The blue bins are their "lockers" and the black bin is for completed work.


It was a very exciting and new process for me to put this room together.  It was a long time coming as we had moved around alot and were not able to have a room.  Since we are not sure whether our landlord will want to sale, we have made no attempt to paint here ... honestly, this is the only room we have done.

I knew that it was important for them to have this space and I am glad we did it - and under $500 at that.  I didn't add up everything as I went because it was a year to year process but if I was guessing I would say I spent about $150 of my own money doing this room with most items being used or from local discount stores.  It turned out great and I am very pleased! But now that means I have the rest of the house left!!

Stay Tuned I Guess! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment