Monday, August 29, 2011

Behavior Board

I have been working so hard on behavior and consequences for the boys. I have read alot of articles and tried to find something to work. A couple of months ago, my boys begged me to buy a movie and I decided to buy it and make them earn it - and it worked.

I gave them a ticket (picture below) each time they did something nice, followed a rule, put their clothes away without asking, etc..
and once I realized that was the best way to teach my kids to follow the rules and help around the house, I got an idea for a "behavior board." We also use stickers for the boys that they can earn by making good grades or doing random acts of kindness without being asked. They put their stickers onto a cut-out such as the balloon below and then once they get 20, they can turn them in for 30 minutes of one on one time with the person of their choice - mom or dad.

We sat the boys down and let them help list the rules, pick the rewards, and actually help me make and decorate the board. We did this the day before school started and I am going to have it framed and then I will hang it somewhere for the whole family to see.

Be a STAR and follow the rules is our family motto. I encourage all my mom friends to give this a try because it has made things so much easier for me. Between school, homework, football, and DJ's work schedule, I need anything to help me get these boys to listen and also to appreciate hard work.


Do any of you have something similiar to this or use a method in your home? If so, please share for the other moms reading so that we can all share ideas!








No comments:

Post a Comment