Monday, August 15, 2011

Family Date Night!

I have been really inspired by a few bloggers recently, especially Kelly over at www.kellyskorner.com and I have promised myself that I will start blogging more and taking more pictures so that I can look back on these wonderful memories and smile.
DJ had the chance to take a Friday off which is rare so we decided to suprise the boys when they got off the bus - and take them on a family date. We rarely get the chance to have a weekend family night because of DJ's work schedule so we took advantage of it and headed to Cookeville! First thing first, we stopped by Miss Carolyn's house to pick up this years Titans tickets! We met Carolyn through an online website called LSN which locals use to sell things they do not need. Sweet Carolyn's husband was a huge Titans fan and saved up his whole life to get Season Tickets to the Titans games. Soon after he bought them, he tragically passed away and she continues to get the tickets every year even though she never goes to the games. Although she started as a stranger, DJ and her have become good friends and every year she gives us first choice on tickets after her children pick. She loves getting to see the boys and always gives them a gift when they come too - I think she secretly always hopes the boys are with us when we come! We picked up four tickets to two of the games and will probably pick up more next month once we get the "football fever". GO TITANS!

These are the moments that melt my heart. We went out to eat at our favorite restraunt in Cookeville, Logan's Roadhouse. Then, my sister in law called and told us she was taking her child to the derby at the local fair so we decided to stop by there and see her too. Then, of course we did a little shopping and got the boys some cute new stuff, and then headed to Burger King because they have the cutest little playplace that the boys have been begging to try.


Nothing makes me happier than seeing my children having fun with their daddy! Everyone who is a part of the car business knows that the hours are not family friendly. Right now, DJ is working a 13 hour day, sometimes 14 days in a row before a day off work. They are preparing him to move up into another branch of management and that takes alot of hard work and dedication (post with details to come!). I am so so so proud of the man that he has become. I know this is not the first time I have talked about it and it will not be the last, but I cannot believe the change he has made in his life - all for his family. You will not find a better husband or father than ours and we are so lucky to have him. It also makes me think about what life is like for military families - God bless you all for defending our freedom!




No comments:

Post a Comment