Friday, August 13, 2010

Life in the FAST Lane

First off, I have to say that my last post just wasn't working out. I found a video from last night's finale of SYTYCD, but it kept giving an error to my readers so I took it down. I do have to say congratulations to the winner - Lauren! She held it down for the girls!!

So, my blog is called "Life In The Fab Lane" for a reason. I really try to live a fabulous life. Maybe i'm not rich or a "housewife of OC", but I am richly blessed. I like to find time for the finer things in life .... but the next five pictures will explain why most days are spent watching wrestling, being a taxi, and sharing laughs.
Life has been going full speed for us this year. After I got healthy enough, we planned trips, the boys were out of school for summer, and DJ moved from consultant to manager. We also made the decision for me to stay at home for good, even after pursuing my nursing career. So, these faces have become my job. MOST days I love it. Other days, I come here and vent to you all. There is only so much a mom can do to keep two little boys occupied. They want to go outside but it's 100 degrees. They want to go to the park or somewhere else, but they are overcrowded and I can't handle the heat. I feel OLD. I am making every excuse in the world for us to stay home ALL THE TIME - I must work on this.
The little boy on the left started first grade today (tear). I packed his lunch, got him ready for school, and we headed out the door. I didn't expect to cry, but of course, I did. I sat sobbing in the parking lot at the fact that Blaze is not getting any younger. Not to mention, one week from Monday I will have NO kids here monday thru friday from 7-3. Although I love my alone time, I have become used to having them attached to me 24-7. I guess I can focus on other things - like trying to have a baby. That situation is just overwhelming. It is no suprise (do the math) that I got pregnant as a teenager. It was very unexpected and we weren't trying. Fast forward to two years later when we decided to have Ace and got pregnant within a month. Now, do a little more fast forwarding and you will get here where I am at now. I have been wanting a baby for about two years now. We have been trying hard (including predicting ovulation and talking to doctors about fertility options) for about five months with no luck. The only time I got pregnant I did lose the baby and that caused my health to spiral even worse out of control.
We are also just unsure of what the future holds for this family. Although we do have plans to build (see previous posts), we are now wondering where we will find the time?! My husband works 12 hour days and I just cannot do all the planning on our own. We barely have time for each other and now we want to throw house building in the mix? Maybe not the best idea. So, were praying about it and weighing our options. In the meantime, I am just praising God for all his blessings that he has given us. These five pictures can tell alot about how blessed I am. I am so thankful to have two little boys that still have their mama wrapped around their little finger.
There is one thing I do know about our family... there is never a dull moment. We have shared so many different emotions this year, but all in all it has been great. I find myself looking back at where I came from and just wondering how in the world I was tough enough to get here today. God has been so faithful to me and to my marriage. We went into this as teenagers on a path of self destruction and we came out as two outstanding partners and parents who work hard for our family. I think I will pat us on the back! :)
So, right now I may not be living in the "fab" lane, but I am living in the FAST lane. Things and times are just zooming by me. Today, I just come here singing praises for the little things that have made life worth living. Life is good, HECTIC, but good! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment